Lenape Day Camp
Register for camp online
- Ages: Boys and Girls in upcoming grades 1 - 6
- Location: Community Middle School (All sessions except Session IV, Week 2) Recreation and Cultural Center (Session IV, Week 2)
- Session I June 20 - July 1
- Session II July 5 - July 15
- Session III July 18 - July 29
- Session IV August 1 - August 12
- Time: 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Staff: Camp Director, Certified Teachers, and Counselors, 1 to 7 ratio
- Fee: $255 by May 15; $285 after May 15 (Camps will open to non-residents if space is available after May 15th.)
Recreational camp provides a variety of activities such as arts and crafts, multi-cultural games, fitness, science, nature, and swimming. Field trips and special presentations are planned throughout the summer. Swim program is not optional. All campers will participate in a 1/2 hour American Red Cross swim lesson and a 1/2 hour of recreational swim each day, except for field trip days. Registration is for full 2-week session. Lenape cannot be combined with other specialty or sport camps offered by the Township.
School buildings will be closed August 8-12 (2nd week of Session IV). That week camp will be held at the Recreation and Cultural Center and there will be no swim program. Additionally Pre- and Post-Camp will be offered through Plainsboro Recreation during this time. Registration will be available for Pre- and Post-Camp on the website. All other weeks Pre- and Post-Camp will be offered through Community Education.
What’s in a name? Lenape, pronounced “Leh-NAH-pay” is the name for the Lenni Lenape or “ordinary people” the original Native American inhabitants of the region