Lenape Day Camp
Register for camp online
- Grades: Boys and Girls in upcoming grades 1 - 6
- Location: Community Middle School (All sessions except Session IV, Week 2) Recreation and Cultural Center (Session IV, Week 2)
- Session I June 25 - July 6 (No camp 7/4).
- Session II July 9 - July 20
- Session III July 23 - August 3
- Session IV August 6 - August 17
- Time: 9:00 am-3:00 pm
- Staff: Camp Director, Certified Teachers, and Counselors, 1 to 7 ratio
- Fee: $260 by May 15; $290 after May 15. Camps will open to non-residents if space is available after May 15th.
Recreational camp provides a variety of activities such as arts and crafts, multi-cultural games, fitness, science, nature, and swimming. Field trips and special presentations are planned throughout the summer. Swim program is not optional. All campers will participate in a 1/2 hour American Red Cross swim lesson and a 1/2 hour of recreational swim each day, except for field trip days. Registration is for full 2-week session. If a camper is enrolled in an afternoon sports camp offered by Plainsboro Recreation (which starts at 3:30 pm), Lenape Camp staff will escort & sign in those children.
Pre and Post Camp is also available through WWP Community Education for an additional fee at Community Middle School. Our staff members will sign campers in and out with Community Education staff for the Pre and Post Camp. Registration for Pre and/or Post Camp is done directly with WWP Community Education.
School buildings will be closed August 13-17 (2nd week of Session IV). That week camp will be held at the Recreation and Cultural Center and there will be no swim program. Additionally Pre- and Post-Camp will be offered through Plainsboro Recreation during this time. Registration will be available for Pre- and Post-Camp on the website. All other weeks Pre- and Post-Camp will be offered through Community Education.
What’s in a name? Lenape, pronounced “Leh-NAH-pay” is the name for the Lenni Lenape or “ordinary people” the original Native American inhabitants of the region