Junior Science Olympiad Camp
- Grades: Boys and girls in upcoming grades 3-5 for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Location: West Windsor-Plainsboro High School North
- June 29 - July 10
- Half Day - 9:00 a.m. - Noon
- Full Day - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Staff: Kevin Mackenzie, 6th Grade Science Teacher and Community Middle School Science Olympiad Coach; Lisa Sacca, 8th Grade Science Teacher and Community Middle School Science Olympiad Coach; former members of the Community Middle School Science Olympiad Team and members of the WWP High School North and South Science Olympiad Teams.
- Half Day - $325
- Full Day - $560
- Residency: Open to residents of Plainsboro or West Windsor as well as children of Plainsboro based business employees. Non-residents can register after May 15th. Registering ineligible children will result in removal from the program and no refund.
DESCRIPTIONWithin every child is a vast curiosity for the world around them and how it functions. The Junior Science Olympiad Summer Camp strives to trigger that curiosity and develop better appreciation and understanding of this world. Whether your child has been deeply interest in science or just wants to learn more, this camp offers campers experience and exploration in all domains of science - including earth/space science, natural science (life and environmental), physical science (chemistry and physics), and engineering. The camp is modeled after the National Science Olympiad Program goals. The will be instruction in a variety of science topics like those associated with the Middle School Science Olympiad Program. Through an inquiry-based and in-depth hand-on/minds-on approach, campers will learn and apply content, plan and carry-out science investigations, and design engineering tasks. They will also have the chance to compete and experience what real Science Olympiad tests are like. It is a great opportunity for students going into 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade. Half Day campers will take 2 classes. Full day campers will take 4 classes.
Registration for this camp will be done directly with Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.
Pre Camp and post camp (full day campers only) are available through WWP Community Education for an additional fee. Camp staff members will sign campers in and out with Community Education staff for the pre and post camp. Registration for pre and/or post camp is done directly with WWP Community Education.
Financial Assistance is available for qualified families. For more information and to register for the program please visit Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER