Happy New Year!
We hope everyone had a safe and happy new year. Our winter programs are filling up, but there is still time to register!
Family Ski Trip
• Ski Shawnee: 2/11 Join us for a trip to the Poconos on a coach bus for a day of skiing, snowboarding or tubing. All ages welcome, children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Bus will leave Plainsboro Recreation & Cultural Center for Ski Shawnee @ 7:30 a.m. and return by 6 p.m
Below are some of the programs we still have availability in:
• Bricks Challenge-Amusement Park: Students will construct LEGO models that are both fun and educational, such as a Ferris wheel, an elastic bumper car, a carousel and many others. 8 classes. (1/13-3/10)- Saturdays 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
• ABC’s of Sports: Ages 3-5 – Introduce your little ones to the fun and exciting world of sports! 8 classes (1/22-3/19) – Mondays: 4:30 – 5:15 pm
• Conversational Clash: Ages 10-18 – Learn the fundamentals of persuasive speech. 9 classes (1/9-2/27) – Tuesdays: 7:00-8:00 pm
• Inclusive Sports Play: Ages 5-8 – Class helps little athletes build muscles, increase focus, and get a workout! 10 classes – Thursdays: 6:00-7:00 pm
• Mad Science: Crazy Chemworks Lab: Ages 5-10 - Join Mad Science to explore the fun and exciting world of Science. 8 classes (1/19-3/16) – Fridays: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
• Music & Movement: Ages 1-6 - Activities combine singing, music, creative movement, and rhythm instruments. 8 classes (1/22-3/19)- Mondays
o Morning class: 9:45 – 10:30 am
o Afternoon class: 1:15-2:00 pm
• Speak-Up Congressional Debate: Ages 11-15 – Class will cover basics of Congressional Debate and speech writing. Different topics will be covered than last session. 8 classes (1/8-3/12) – Mondays: 6:00-7:00 pm
• Tennis Classes: Tennis is designed to introduce beginner level players to the fundamentals of tennis, including stroke technique, serving, court awareness and rallying. Foundation tennis gives players the first look at the game, learning the shots and tactics in a fun and relaxed environment. 10 classes (1/11-3/15)-Thursdays: 7:15-8:15 pm.
• Inspirational Bootcamp: Using exercise bands, weights and more this class will combine strength, cardio, muscle endurance, flexibility, core and balance exercises. Tips on healthy eating will be discussed and at the end of the session a healthy meal will be prepared. Class is for beginners to advanced students.
• R.A.D. Women (Rape Aggression Defense): is a national self-defense course for women that combines realistic classroom learning with physical defense tactics and risk reduction strategies. 4 classes (2/5-3/5)-Mondays: 5:45-8:45 pm.
Don’t miss our next Family Fun Night scheduled for Saturday, 1/13, from 6:00-8:00 pm at the Rec Center!
For more information on these or any of our other exciting programs contact the Plainsboro Recreation & Cultural Center:
Address: 641 Plainsboro Road, Plainsboro, NJ 08536
Phone: 609-799-0909 x1719