Plainsboro did not exist as a municipal government until the community was incorporated on May 6, 1919. Prior to that date, all lands north of Plainsboro Road and Dey Road were part of South Brunswick and all lands south of Plainsboro Road and Dey Road were part of Cranbury Township. Inadequate school facilities became the catalyst for creating the Township. Residents John V.B. Wicoff, a prominent Trenton lawyer and businessman, and Henry W. Jeffers, Sr. led the move to have the New Jersey legislature form the Township of Plainsboro. A new school was built shortly after incorporation...read more.