Youth Police Academy
- Grades: Boys and girls in upcoming grades 6 - 8
- Location: Plainsboro Recreation & Cultural Center
- Dates: July 25 - July 29
- Time: Mon-Thurs 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m./Fri 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Staff: Director: Ptl. Brandon Ullom
- Fee: $50
- Residency: Open to Plainsboro residents ONLY.
- Registration Note: No registrations will be accepted after July 3rd.
The Plainsboro Township Police Department is pleased to announce its 3rd annual Youth Police Academy. Recruits will be exposed to parts of what an actual Police Recruit experiences for 26 weeks in a real Police Academy. Recruits will be taught discipline, integrity and hard work. They will get to see different aspects of how the Plainsboro Police Department, Fire Department and EMS work on a daily basis. The Academy also included instruction in Drill and Ceremony, Physical Training, Detective Bureau, Traffic Bureau and much more! Recruits to meet at Plainsboro Recreation and Cultural Center each day where they will be met by an officer.
• Recruits must pack a lunch M-Th (pizza will be provided on Fri).
• Each recruit will receive one (1) T-Shirt, one (1) pair of shorts, one (1) hat and one (1) water bottle that they are required to wear/bring with them each day.
• Field trip included!
• No cell phones allowed to be brought to the program by recruits!
• Graduation ceremony on 7/29 @ 1pm (parents encouraged to attend) recruits will be dismissed immediately following the ceremony.
• Returning recruits from previous years’ Academy are welcome to join us again.