- Grades: Boys and girls in upcoming grades 5-8 for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Location: High School North
- July 24 - August 4 (weekdays only)
- 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (HALF DAY)
- 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (FULL DAY)
- Staff: Erin Suozzo and Stephanie Hornick. The Director of the camp is Lisa Sacca.
- $375 (HALF DAY)
- $630 (FULL DAY)
- Residency: Open to residents of West Windsor or Plainsboro and children of Plainsboro based business employees. Proof may be required. Open to Non-Residents after May 15th.
The Summer Math and Problem Solving Academy, known as Math Camp is provided by Plainsboro Department of Recreation and Community Service and Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC and is an excellent opportunity for upper elementary and middle school students (rising grades 5-8) to practice and advance their math skills and also learn ways to apply these concepts in various types of problem solving. The courses may include middle and secondary topics including arithmetic, numeracy, ratios and proportions, linear equations, systems, coordinate geometry, probability, number theory etc. Half Day campers will take 2 courses (one each week).
This camp program provides students with exposure to and practice with these mathematical topics, as well as an opportunity to participate in a mock competition such as those associated with programs like MathCounts, Continental Math League, and American Mathematics Competitions.
Materials are made appropriate for multiple levels of mathematical experience and will be available for students beyond the duration of the camp. Students will be expected to participate in daily lessons and competitions, which may be enriched by additional at-home practice.
Directors are current math and science teachers and Instructors are former members of the MathCounts team from the West Windsor Plainsboro School District.
Registration for this camp will be done directly with Plainsboro Academic Camps LLC at https://sites.google.com/view/plainsboroacademiccamps. To register for the program, click on button for SO camp and register using the Google form.
Financial Assistance is available for qualified families. For more information and to register for the program please visit Plainsboro Academic Camps, LLC.
There is NO pre and post camp for this camp.