Local Volunteer Opportunities
Satisfying ExperienceWhen you find a volunteer opportunity that suits your goals, it can be a satisfying experience. Answering the following questions can help you find a position that fits your needs:
- Why are you volunteering? Community service, gain experience, practice skills, meet people, etc.
- What kind of tasks are part of the volunteer opportunity? Do they match your interests and skills?
- What type of commitment is needed? Can the activity work for your schedule?
Volunteer OpportunitiesVisit the websites below to view the most current volunteer positions, application instructions, and contact information:
- Plainsboro Public Library - Give some time to the Library and see how many lives your gift touches. Everyday, volunteers contribute to the remarkably cost effective, innovative service at Plainsboro Public Library.
- NJ Audubon - You can learn a lot while volunteering for the Audubon society. Seasonal and ongoing opportunities available.
- The Watershed Institute - Their goal is to improve the health and quality of central New Jersey’s water and sustain a network of protected habitats for wildlife and people.
- American Red Cross of Central Jersey - Blood Services. Volunteers welcome and register donors and provide refreshments.
- Volunteer Connect - Free online service that provides current information about volunteer work available in Central New Jersey. (Formerly Hands On Helpers)
- Habitat for Humanity - A nonprofit, Christian ministry founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. Welcome volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds.
- Princeton Health Care Systems - Volunteers provide a valuable service to the patients and the healthcare system as a whole.
- Domestic Violence Response Team - Volunteers receive specialized training in counseling from Women Aware and Plainsboro Police personnel. Services are offered 24/7. Volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Plainsboro Police Department - Call 609-799-2333 ext. 1645 to speak with Sergeant J. Jankowski.